Monday, April 16, 2012

Mountain Lion Trail

Mountain Lion Trail - Before we started off on this trail, I seriously had to lift up a quick prayer. Mountain Lions are not cute, okay? So you can only imagine the amount of heart pumping adrenaline in anticipation of a potential face-off with this much reckoned feline. Especially, when the first sign you spot says this:

 I know you guys can't read it, but the picture can speak for itself, so go figure. Rattlesnakes and Mountain Lion? Not attractive.

Nevertheless, when you are willing to confront your fears, you just march along and hope for the best. Seriously though, we heed this warning fairly serious. Which meant: no hiking alone and no hiking without gears. Period.

 Here I am with my spears in tow, ready for battle!


um, shall we? why don't you go first, babe? harharhar
 My defender, scoping the area for predators. lol

My handsome shaolin in his elements :)



Trying to look bigger by waving my trekking poles before entering a curve in the path. Seriously PARANOID. lol



 Clear cut pathway, thank goodness! but those bushes make me nervous. Mind games making me nuts!!

Beautiful view on top

this hawk's been circling above us 


My mountain lion slayer. However, I think the it would prolly opt to lick him on the face coz he's just too adorbs! He's really harmless though.

 Despite my paranoia, here I am showcasing my love for photo ops! BTW, getting down from that rock was no small feat huh?! So happy enjoying the view. Makes me appreciate the awesomeness of God's work even more!

After our long walk, we were glad to see our small haven of recluse. Hungry, tired, but Thankful!